Today, we bring to you an explosion of flavours in a simple yet delicious recipe. It’s all about the BBQ roasted sage, garlic, and parmesan cheese potatoes.
Your shopping list for this delightful recipe should include:
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 250g Maris Piper potatoes (cut in big 3cm chunks)
- A handful of fresh sage
- 100g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Clove or garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp flaked sea salt
The Easy-Peasy Method
Heat your BBQ to around 220℃. While the BBQ is getting ready, cut your potatoes into big 3cm chunks. Pop them into your stainless-steel bowl and douse them with the olive oil. Toss in the sage, garlic, pepper and salt, giving everything a good mix to ensure those potatoes are well-coated. It’s all about layering the flavours, friends.
Move your prepped potatoes to the cast iron skillet, then set it on the BBQ for roughly 30-45 minutes. About halfway through, give those spuds a stir to make sure they get an even suntan. After 30 minutes, check if the potatoes are cooked by pricking them with a skewer or a fork. Here’s the best part: just before you take the potatoes off the BBQ, sprinkle that delicious Parmesan cheese over them and watch it melt into gooey, golden goodness.
While our star dish, the BBQ roasted sage, garlic and parmesan cheese potatoes, can totally stand on its own, they also make an excellent side dish. These potatoes would go wonderfully with Teriyaki BBQ Chicken Wings, Spicy BBQ Chicken Wings or even Honey BBQ Chicken Wings. It’s a surefire way to add a punch of flavour to your lunch or dinner.
So, there you have it! The BBQ roasted sage, garlic and Parmesan cheese potatoes. Not only is this an easy recipe to follow, but it’s also a tasty way to add a little twist to your usual BBQ and potato routine. I promise you, these aren’t just potatoes – they’re a celebration of flavours that’ll dance on your palate. Deliciously healthy, this is the kind of dish that turns a regular meal into a flavourful feast!
BBQ Roasted Sage, Garlic and Parmesan Cheese Potatoes
- Pre-heat the BBQ to about 220℃
- Cut the potatoes in big 3cm chunks and put them into a stainless steel bowl.
- Coat the potatoes with the olive oil. Add the sage, garlic, pepper and salt to the bowl and mix it all together, make sure all the potatoes are evenly covered with the sage, pepper and salt.
- Put the potatoes in the cast iron skillet and put it on the BBQ for about 30 to 35 minutes. After about 15 minutes give the potatoes a bit of a stir so they cook evenly on the outside.
- After 30 minutes check if the potatoes are cooked by pricking them with a skewer or a fork. Just before you take the potatoes off the BBQ you cover the potatoes with the parmesan cheese so it can melt nicely over the potatoes.
What type of potatoes should I use for this recipe?
The recipe calls for Maris Piper potatoes due to their fluffy texture and ability to absorb flavours well. However, if you can’t find these, any good quality, floury potato would work.
What type of BBQ should I use for this recipe?
You can use any BBQ for this recipe as long as you can control the temperature. The recipe suggests pre-heating the BBQ to about 220℃.
Can I prepare this dish without a BBQ?
Absolutely! You can also roast these potatoes in an oven. Just maintain the same temperature (220℃) and timing as in the BBQ method.
What kind of wine pairs well with these BBQ potatoes?
A white wine, particularly a Chardonnay or a Pinot Grigio, pairs nicely with this dish. These wines balance the richness of the parmesan cheese while complementing the earthy flavours of the sage and garlic.
Can I use different herbs for this recipe?
Yes, you can certainly experiment with other herbs. Thyme or rosemary could be good alternatives to sage. However, the unique combination of sage, garlic, and parmesan gives this dish its distinctive flavour profile.