Looking for a delicious and versatile dish that fuses Middle Eastern flavours with roasted vegetables? Check out this Roasted Squash, Aubergine, and Courgettes With Whipped Feta and Pistachios recipe, inspired by a recipe in Sami Tamimi and Tara Wigley’s cookbook Falastin.
Roasted Squash, Aubergine, and Courgettes
To create this delicious dish, tender squash, aubergine, and courgettes are roasted to perfection coated with a blend of sweet honey and tarragon and served with a creamy whipped feta and yogurt mixture. These spices and herbs are characteristic of Middle Eastern cuisine and bring a rich, complex flavour to the dish.
Creamy Whipped Feta and Yogurt
The tangy and savoury whipped feta and yogurt mixture perfectly balances the sweetness of the roasted vegetables, while the sprinkling of toasted chopped pistachios and crushed coriander seeds adds a satisfying crunch and a hint of nutty flavour. This recipe is highly customisable, allowing you to swap out the vegetables for your favourite root veggies, like carrots or parsnips, and make the dish uniquely your own.
Easy to make ahead
Additionally, you can roast the vegetables ahead of time and prepare the whipped feta and yogurt mix a day ahead, making it a stress-free option for busy weeknights. Whether you’re serving it as a starter for four or as a main course for two, this recipe is sure to be a favourite with its delicious Middle Eastern flavours and fresh, healthy ingredients.
Looking for more Middle Eastern inspired recipes? Don’t hesitate to order your copy of Falastin The Cookbook here and discover the many culinary treasures that await you!
“Disclosure: Some of the links on this website are affiliate links, which means that we may earn a small commission if you click on the link or make a purchase using the link. When you make a purchase, the price you pay will be the same whether you use the affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website using a non-affiliate link. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.”
Roasted Squash, Aubergine and Courgettes With Whipped Feta and Pistachios
Roasted Vegetables Coating
Whipped Ricotta and Feta Mix
Roasting of the vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 230C Fan
- Put the squash, aubergine and courgette into a large bowl with the olive oil, salt black pepper. Mix well, then spread out flat on a parchment-lined baking tray. Bake for 25 minutes, turning over halfway through so that both sides get some colour.
- Put the ricotta, yoghurt, feta, the lemon zest and juice, the remaining garlic clove, salt and a good grind of black pepper into a bowl. Mix well until smooth, using a whisk to break apart the feta.
- Put the honey, 1 garlic clove, the cider vinegar, tarragon and salt into a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the squash, aubergine and courgette and stir very gently, to coat.
- Spread the ricotta, yoghurt and feta mixture out on a large serving platter and top with the courgettes, aubergine and squash, Scatter over the rest of the feta, followed by the pistachios, coriander seeds and chilli flakes. Top with the mint leaves and serve.