This Courgette, Feta & Leek Gratin is a delicious and easy dish that is perfect for the whole family. To make it, thinly slice courgettes, layer them with crumbled feta cheese and sautéed leeks, and then bake them to golden perfection. Once it is out of the oven, top it off with a tangy caper berry salsa for an extra burst of flavor.
The recipe is incredibly easy to make and requires minimal prep time. You can put it in the oven and let it do the work for you. This dish is perfect for busy weeknights when you want to make a comforting and delicious meal but don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.
Courgette, Feta & Leek Gratin With Caper Berry Salsa
- Heat 2 tbs oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden. Set aside until needed.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat 2 tbs olive oil in a frypan over low heat and add leek and 1/2 tsp salt flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until leek is very soft. Add garlic and stir for 2 minutes until softened.
- Place grated courgette in a clean tea towel and squeeze out excess liquid over sink. Combine in a bowl with cooled leek mixture, feta, chilli, lemon zest and egg. Lightly season. Spread into a 22cm baking dish.
- Toss sliced courgette with remaining 1 tbs oil and layer on top. Scatter with mozzarella. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
- For the caper berry crush, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Spoon over gratin and scatter with breadcrumbs to serve.