You can make these with freshly shredded cabbage and spring onion. I had a lot of crunchy stir-fried cabbage with carrots, onions and peppers leftover so I used these instead. Still delicious.
Serves : 2
Cooking time : 10 mins
Notes : Vegetarian
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp buckwheat flour (or plain flour)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil (or olive oil)
- 2 large spring onions, sliced thinly
- 200g white cabbage, thinly shredded (or 4 tbsp leftover stir fried veggies)
- 1 tsp olive oil (for frying)
- 1tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp runny honey (or warmed set honey)
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp chilli paste (optional)
- Make a batter with the eggs and the flour, whisking away any lumps. Season with the salt (and pepper if you wish), and the sesame oil and 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce.
- Mix in the vegetables, coating thoroughly with the batter.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large frying pan and coat the base of the pan. Add the batter in 4 small pancakes (more like rostis). Allow to cook through for about 3-4 minutes before flipping.
- While the pancakes are baking, mix the sauce in a small dish with the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, honey and 1 tsp of dark soy sauce.
- Once the pancakes are cooked through and golden, serve on a plate and drizzle over the sauce.