Pancakes are the ultimate breakfast treat, and these blueberry lemon ricotta breakfast pancakes are delicious. They are also incredibly easy to make in the morning, making them the perfect option for a busy weekday or a lazy weekend.
Greek yoghurt is a unique and delicious twist to the pancakes, and it’s a great dairy option for those who are looking to make healthier choices. Greek yoghurt is low in fat, but it still packs a punch of flavour that makes these pancakes truly irresistible. Lemon brings all the flavours together, giving the pancakes a refreshing and invigorating taste that will wake up your taste buds and start your day on a high note.
Blueberry, Lemon and Greek Yoghurt Breakfast Pancakes
- 200 g Flour plain white
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 2 tsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 Lemon Zest of 1 lemon
- 175 ml Semi Skimmed Milk
- 1 Egg large, free range
- 50 g Greek Yoghurt
- 200 g Blueberries
- 2 tsp Sunflower Oil
- 1 tbsp Honey to drizzle
- Combine the flour, bicarbonate of soda, sugar and lemon zest in a large stainless steel bowl and make a well in the middle.
- In a jug, whisk together the milk, egg and greek yoghurt. Pour the mixture into the well and whisk until you have a nice smooth batter.
- Heat a pancake pan over a medium heat and coat the pan with a little bit of oil. Spoon three dollops of the batter to form 3 pancakes and top the batter whilst it's still soft with a couple of blueberries. Cook for about three minutes on each side.
- Serve 3 pancakes each, scatter them with some blueberries and drizzle over the runny honey.
I was skeptical about using Greek yogurt in my pancakes, but it gives them such a creamy texture!