This coconut porridge recipe is gluten and dairy free and is a great base for other flavour combinations. It’s fresh tasting but hearty and will set you up for the day perfectly. This one includes my milled seed mix: I grind a mix of chia, pumpkin, sunflower and flax seeds in a blender and store in a jar in the fridge until needed. You can also make Bounty Bar porridge by leaving out the berries and almonds and stirring through a teaspoon of raw cacao or cocoa powder and, if you have them, a sprinkle of cacao nibs for crunch.
- 30g porridge oats (I use Flavahan’s Organic Jumbo Oats)
- 5g desiccated coconut
- 100ml coconut-based dairy free milk (such as Koko Dairy Free)
- 1tsp milled seeds
- small handful of berries, fresh or frozen
- small pinch of flaked almonds
- In a heatproof bowl, microwave the oats and desiccated coconut with two-thirds of the milk for 90 seconds on high.
- Stir through the milled seeds and loosen with the remaining milk.
- Top with berries and crumble over the flaked almonds.