We came up with the recipe for chicken and chorizo skewers because we really like the combination of flavours of the chicken and the chorizo. The chicken hardly needs any seasoning because the spices in the chorizo will release a lot of its flavours to the chicken during the cooking process on the BBQ.
For this recipe we used already cooked chorizo because this is something we almost always have in our fridge. You could also use fresh chorizo to make these delish skewers.
BBQ Chicken & Chorizo Skewers
The combination of chicken and chorizo is always a beautiful flavour combination. You can grill these delicious skewers on the BBQ, but when the weather is not working your way you can always put them under a grill.
- 2 Chicken Thigh cut in chunks
- 100 g Cooking Chorizo cut in chunks
- 2 Red Onions cut in quarters
- 1 Red Pepper cut in chunks
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- Preheat the BBQ to about 200 degrees Celcius
- Soak the bamboo skewers in a glass of water for about 30 minutes
- Cut the chicken, chorizo, pepper and onion in chunks and place it in the mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the mix in the bowl and make sure everything is covered with the oil.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper
- Divide all ingredients over the skewers, make sure every skewer has about the same portion of meat and vegetables.
- Roast the skewers for about 15 minutes on the hot BBQ, turn the skewers about every 3 to 4 minutes to guarantee an even cook of the meats and vegetables. Always check if the chicken is fully cooked before you eat it.
Calories: 574kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 28gFat: 45gSaturated Fat: 12gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 142mgSodium: 692mgPotassium: 518mgFiber: 3gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 2132IUCalcium: 39mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!