How do you make fluffy delicious 4 ingredient scones from scratch? The key to a light textured scone is a light touch. To rub in, lift the mixture to get some air into it, and as soon as it is of the right consistency, stop. But don’t panic if you’re a newbie to baking scones.
Quick and easy.
This quick and easy 4 ingredient scone recipe is a British dessert classic. Simple to share, and super easy to rustle up for any celebration, even one fit for a Queen this Jubilee. Once you have mastered how to make these deliciously moreish scones, simply top them with a generous dollop of delicious strawberry jam and clotted cream.
But the question remains….
What goes on scones first, jam or cream? We think you put jam on first and then a thick layer of cream. Let us know in the reviews which is your favourite way to eat your scones.
Easy 4 Ingredient Scones Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan, gas mark 6). Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Rub the butter into the flour, until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and salt.
- Make a well in the centre of the mix and stir in the milk. Stir until the mixture is even and the dough comes together.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and shape into a rough circle about 3 – 4 cm thick. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush all over with milk and score into 8 rough portions.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden and cooked through. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold plain or with jam and cream.