Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
Calories: 250 Calories
When you are looking for something which is comforting and tasty but which is still light and full of goodness, this recipe adapted from The Blood Sugar Diet cookbook will hit the spot. This Asian-inspired is quick to prep and soon ready to enjoy.
- Bunch of fresh coriander
- 1tsp olive oil
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 tsp chilli paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- 300g butternut squash, in chunks
- 1.2 litres of chicken or vegetable stock
- juice of 2 limes
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 300g cooked chicken
- 400g green beans
- 400ml can of coconut milk
- 2 cups of baby spinach, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large stock pot or saucepan. Chop coriander stalks and retain the leaves. Fry off the stalks in the oil, adding the spring onions, pepper, chilli and ginger paste, Chinese five spice over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, lime juice, soy sauce and fish sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the chicken, beans, and coconut milk. Once the beans have softened and the chicken is warmed through, add the spinach and serve, topping with the coriander leaves.