Nothing beats a nice classic burger, sink your teeth into this delicious restaurant style burger. These delicious home made burgers will cost you a little bit extra time to make, but they are so much tastier than the prepackaged burgers you can buy in the supermarket. If you fancy to make cheeseburgers out of these burgers, get some nice medium mature Gouda cheese, take the cheese out of the fridge an hour before you make these delicious burgers and the cheese will be on room temperature and will melt better. Enjoy!
- 500 Gr ground lean (7% fat) beef
- 1 large egg
- 1 chopped medium sized onion
- 100 gram fine dried bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- About 1/2 teaspoon salt
- About 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hamburger buns (try to get brioche buns)
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves, rinsed and crisped
- 1 firm-ripe tomato, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 thin slices red onion
- In a bowl, mix ground beef, egg, onion, bread crumbs, Worcestershire, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until well blended. Divide mixture into four equal portions and shape each into a patty about 4 inches wide.
- Lay burgers on an oiled barbecue grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds); close lid on gas grill. Cook burgers, turning once, until browned on both sides and no longer pink inside (cut to test), 7 to 8 minutes total. Remove from grill.
- Lay buns, cut side down, on grill and cook until lightly toasted, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Spread mayonnaise and ketchup on bun bottoms. Add lettuce, tomato, burger, onion, and salt and pepper to taste. Set bun tops in place.