The flavour really comes from the cinnamon and mixed spice. When I tried this for the first time last summer I was a bit wary of the raw carrot but it mellows overnight and adds natural sweetness to the bowl. I only added a couple of raisins to top off to limit the sugary carbs. 120 cals in the pot.
- 2tbsp fresh grated carrot
- a big pinch of mixed spice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 20g rolled porridge oats
- 1 tsp sultanas
- 1 tbsp Quark
- 50ml of unsweetened almond milk.
- Mix the grated carrot, mixed spice and cinnamon with the oats.
- Add 50ml almond milk then cover and chill in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, top with quark and the sultanas.